01 Sep Saltwater Edge Albie Kayak Shootout – 9.18.16
From the Yak! Photo Credit Brian Malchoff
Saltwater Edge Albie Kayak Shootout – 9.18.16
Join us on Sunday, September 18th for the first Saltwater Edge Albie Kayak Shootout. The Albie Kayak Shootout is a catch and release photo documented tournament. Participants can fish anywhere; but need to be at the Closing Ceremony at the shop at 1 pm on the 18th. The Closing Ceremony will include awards, raffles and food (ideally a food truck).
Albie Kayak Shootout Details
- Participants are required to register in advance at the Saltwater Edge or on our homepage. An original signed a liability waiver must be in the possession of The Saltwater Edge by 4pm on the 17th in order to receive the Tournament Identifier via email. Participation is free.
- Participants can fish anywhere on September 18; but must be at the Closing Ceremony by 1 pm to be eligible to win an award
- Photo documentation must have both the taped fish, the Tournament Identifier and some portion of your kayak clearly visible. A scalable, digital image is the ideal format as it will provide more information for the judges than other formats.
- Curved Fork Length Measurement must be taken in a line, tracing the contour of the body from the tip of the upper jaw to the fork of the tail. More info here.
- Top Three Albies win a prize. Biggest Bluefish (standard measurement = fish, ruler, identifier) also wins a prize.
- AKS Tournament Identifier will be emailed on September 17th at 4pm to all registered participants
- Judges decisions are final
- Participants are required to wear a PFD
- Use of radios and cell phones are encouraged
- Kayaks powered by paddle, pedal, or electric motors only.