29 Aug SALTWATER EDGE KAYAK ALBIE SHOOTOUT 2017
SALTWATER EDGE KAYAK ALBIE SHOOTOUT – 9.16-17.17
Join us on September 16th and 17th for the Second Annual Saltwater Edge Kayak Albie Shootout. The Kayak Albie Shootout is a catch and release photo documented tournament. Participants can fish anywhere, but need to be at the Closing Ceremony at the shop at noon on the 17th. The Closing Ceremony will include awards, raffles and food (ideally a food truck).
KAYAK ALBIE SHOOTOUT DETAILS
- Participants are required to register in advance at the Saltwater Edge or on our homepage. An original signed a liability waiver must be in the possession of The Saltwater Edge by 4pm on the 15th in order to receive the Tournament Identifier via email.
- Participants can fish anywhere but must be at the Closing Ceremony by noon on Sunday to be eligible to win an award.
- Photo documentation must have both the taped fish, the Tournament Identifier and some portion of your kayak clearly visible. A scalable, digital image is the ideal format as it will provide more information for the judges than other formats.
- Curved Fork Length Measurement must be taken in a line, tracing the contour of the body from the tip of the upper jaw to the fork of the tail. More info here.
- Top Three Albies win a prize. Biggest Bluefish (standard measurement = fish, ruler, identifier) also wins a prize.
- AKS Tournament Identifier will be emailed on September 15th at 4pm to all registered participants
- Judges decisions are final
- Participants are required to wear a PFD
- Use of radios and cell phones are encouraged
- Kayaks powered by paddle or pedal only.