08 Jan Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up Program
Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up Program
Are you eyeballing a new piece of saltwater tackle? Do you have some gear that you just don’t use? If it is in good shape, then the Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up is for you!
What kind of gear can you trade in?
Name-brand saltwater surf, fly and inshore rods, reels, and tools
Rods should have an original MSRP over $150, reels over $250 and tools over $100
ALL GEAR MUST BE IN VERY GOOD/LIKE NEW CONDITION
How the Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up Program works:
Option 1: Fixed Price
- Make an appointment to bring in the tackle that you want to trade up. We will give you an estimate on what we will sell it for depending on the condition
- If you accept our estimate, you will receive a gift card less outbound shipping costs (a flat $15 fee for reels, 4-piece rods, and tools, $30 for two-piece rods and larger items), you will receive instant store credit towards the future purchase of full priced items
- No items will be accepted without a completed Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up form
Option 2: Auction
- Make an appointment to bring in your gear, and we will clean up and photograph it and auction it on eBay for you
- After the auction is complete we will give you a gift card for the sale price, less eBay and handling fees (20%) and actual outbound shipping charges. At that point (2-3 weeks) you will receive a store credit towards the future purchase of full priced items
- As a rule, we start the auction with a no-reserve $50 starting price as we find this strategy ultimately yields higher sales for the items
- No items will be listed without a completed Saltwater Edge Tackle Trade Up form
- How do I make an appointment? Email email@example.com and I will confirm a time and send you the Tackle Trade Up form
- How do you value trade in items? Our valuations are based on actual sales prices during the last 90 days. We evaluate all trades from a fishing perspective. Like cars, fishing tackle depreciates immediately after purchase.
- Can I ship my items to you? No, at this point this program is an in-store program only
- How will I get the most money for my trade? Auctions generally yield the highest price but take 2-3 weeks to complete. So if you have time to wait before purchasing your new gear, the auction option may be the way to go. Please remember that we do not guarantee a minimum price under the auction option.
- Can I use my trade-in credit to buy sale items? No
- Can I use my trade-in credit to buy other trade-in items? No
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org